Electron-impact ionization and dissociative ionization of sulfur in the gas phase
- 45 Downloads
We describe the methods and the results of investigation of the yield of positive ions formed as a result of electron-impact ionization of sulfur. The ionization energy for the basic molecule and the energies corresponding to the emergence of fragment ions are obtained from the ionization efficiency curves. The dynamics of formation of molecular sulfur ions in the temperature range 320–700 K is investigated. The energy dependences of efficiency S n of the ion formation for n = 1–6 are analyzed, and their appearance energies are determined. The total cross section of sulfur ionization by a monochromatic electron beam is also investigated. Using the linear approximation method, we marked out features on the ionization function curve, which correspond to the ionization and excitation energies for multiply charged ions. The total cross section of the formation of negative sulfur ions is measured in the energy range 0–9 eV.
KeywordsTotal Cross Section Energy Dependence Electron Impact Ionization Dissociative Ionization Appearance Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Greenwood and A. Earnshaw, Chemistry of the Elements, 2nd ed. (Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, 1997), pp. 645–662.Google Scholar
- 5.M. I. Mykyta and A. N. Zavilopulo, Vestn. Uzhgorodsk. Univ., Ser. Fiz., No. 3, 168 (2011).Google Scholar
- 6.A. N. Zavilopulo, E. A. Mironets, and A. S. Agafonova, Prib. Tekh. Eksp., No. 1, 73 (2012).Google Scholar
- 11.NIST Standard Reference Database. http://www.web-book.nist.gov
- 13.Handbook of Chemistry, Ed. by B. P. Nikol’skii (Khimiya, Moscow-Leningrad, 1982), Vol. 1, p. 729.Google Scholar