Methane conversion in a multielectrode slipping surface discharge in the two-phase water-gas medium
- 58 Downloads
The multielectrode slipping surface discharge in a two-phase water-gas (methane) medium is studied experimentally as a plasma-chemical converter of methane into various hydrocarbons, carbon, and hydrogen. The energy value of methane decomposition is on the order of 5 eV/molecule, which is close to record-high values attained in high-pressure discharges. The degree of conversion of methane is determined and the possibility of its substantial increase is considered.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. M. Barkhudarov, I. A. Kossyi, M. I. Taktakishvili, N. Christofi, and Yu. V. Zadiraka, in Proccedings of the 13th International Conference on Gas Discharges and Their Applications, Glasgow, 2000 (Strathclyde University, Glasgow, 2000), Vol. 2, pp. 680–683.Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Anpilov, E. M. Barkhudarov, Yu. N. Kozlov, Vol. A. Kop’ev, I. A. Kossyi, M. A. Taktakishvili, and S. M. Temchin, in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Plasma Physics and Plasma Technology, Minsk, 2003, Vol. 2, p. 949.Google Scholar
- 4.V. L. Goryachev, F. G. Rutberg, and V. N. Fedyukovich, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Energ. 36, 35 (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.A. M. Anpilov, E. M. Barkhudarov, et al., in Proceedings of the 36th Zvenigorod Conference on Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion, Zvenigorod, 2003, p. 331.Google Scholar
- 8.A. I. Babaritskii, S. A. Demkin, V. K. Zhivotov, et al., Plasmachemistry-91 (INKhS AN SSSR, 1991), Vol. 2, pp. 286–303.Google Scholar
- 9.S. I. Gritsinin, P. A. Gushchin, A. M. Davidov, E. V. Ivanov, I. A. Kossyi, and M. A. Misakyan, Fiz. Plazmy 35, 1011 (2009) [Plasma Phys. Rep. 35, 933 (2009)].Google Scholar