Fluctuating coulomb field near ionic dielectric surfaces
- 37 Downloads
Analytical and numerical studies of the energy density spatial distribution of a fluctuating electric field near the model ionic crystal surface as a function of temperature are carried out. It is established that the fluctuating field energy density decreases as h −3.3 with increasing distance h from the crystal surface. The fluctuating field energy increases with temperature and differs from zero at −273°C due to quantum zero-point vibrations of ions in the lattice.
KeywordsIonic Crystal Coulomb Field Average Energy Density Potential Dispersion Thermody Namic Equilibrium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. G. Bordo, Poverkhnost: Fiz. Khim. Mekh. 9, 33 (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.C. F. Bohren and D. R. Huffman, Absorption and Scattering of Light by Small Particles (Wiley, New York, 1983; Mir, Moscow, 1986).Google Scholar
- 4.Surface Polaritons: Electromagnetic Waves at Surfaces and Interfaces, Ed. by V. M. Agranovich and D. L. Mills (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1982; Nauka, Moscow, 1985).Google Scholar
- 5.E. A. Vinogradov and I. A. Dorofeev, Heat Stimulated Electromagnetic Fields in Solids (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.N. W. Ashkroft and N. D. Mermin, Solid State Physics (Holt, Rinehart and Winston, New York, 1976; Mir, Moscow, 1979), Vol. 2Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. S. Barash, Van der Waals Forces (Nauka, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.S. G. Przhibel’skii, Opt. Spektrosk. 102, 885 (2006) [Opt. Spectrosc. 102, 811 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 9.A. M. Kosevich, Foundations of Crystal-Lattice Mechanics (Nauka, Moscow, 1972), p. 55.Google Scholar