Thermal Expansion in Fe2MAl (M = Ti, V, Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, and Ni) Band Ferromagnets
- 2 Downloads
The linear thermal expansion coefficients (LTEC) of semimetallic Fe2MAl (M = Ti, V, Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, and Ni) alloys have been measured in the temperature range 80–900 K. The magnetic-fluctuation contribution to LTEC αm, sf(T) = αm(T) + αsf(T) consisting of negative “Stoner” αm(T) and positive “spin-fluctuation” αsf(T) contributions. The αm(T) contribution is assumed to be proportional to the square of the spontaneous magnetization. The αsf(T) contribution, as is the case in paramagnetic and ferromagnetic states, is due to the effects of inducing local magnetic moments by spin fluctuations.
The authors are grateful to E.I. Petrakov for the help in the determination of the chemical composition of the studied samples.
This work was carried out in the framework of the state task of the Federal Agency of Scientific Organizations (themes Spin, project No. AAAA-A18-118020290104-2 and Flow, project No. AAAA-A18-118020190112-8) and was supported in part by the Government of the Russian Federation (Decision No. 211, Contract No. 02.A03.21.0006) and the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (project 14.Z50.31.0025).
- 3.K. A. Fomina, V. V. Marchenkov, E. I. Shreder, and H. W. Weber, Solid State Phenom. 168–169, 545 (2011).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Y. Umetsu, N. Morimoto, M. Nagasako, R. Kai-numa, and T. Kanomata, J. Alloys Compd. 528, 3219 (2011).Google Scholar
- 9.Z. Liu, X. Ma, F. Meng, and G. Wu, J. Alloys Compd. 509, 34 (2012).Google Scholar
- 11.M. Hansen and K. Anderko, Structure of Binary Alloys (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1958; Metallurgizdat, Moscow, 1968), Vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 18b.Proc. R. Soc. A 169, 339 (1939).Google Scholar
- 19.S. I. Novikova, Thermal Expansion of Solids (Nauka, Moscow, 1974) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 20.T. Moriya, Spin Fluctuations in Itinerant Electron Magnetism (Spinger, Berlin, 1985).Google Scholar
- 22.A. G. Volkov, S. V. Kortov, and A. A. Povzner, J. Low Temp. Phys. 22, 875 (1996).Google Scholar
- 25.N. V. Volkenshtein, M. Glin’ski, V. V. Marchenkov, V. E. Startsev, and A. N. Cherepanov, Sov. Phys. JETP 68, 1216 (1989).Google Scholar