Lattice dynamics and electronic structure of cobalt–titanium spinel Co2TiO4
- 131 Downloads
The results are presented on phonon excitations and the electronic structure of Co2TiO4 inverse spinel in which magnetically ordered cobalt ions Co2+ (3d 7) are in equal amounts in tetrahedral and octahedral sublattices below T C = 56 K. Single crystals are studied using optical reflection and absorption in a wide spectral range, Raman scattering, and dielectric spectroscopy methods. The dynamics of infrared and Raman-active phonons are studied, and the features associated with disordering in tetrahedral sites are detected. The d–d electronic transitions recorded in the regions of 3800 and 6300 cm–1 confirm the coordination features of Co2+ ions. An increase in the permittivity in the temperature region below 130 K is detected.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S. Krupicka and P. Novak, in Handbook of Ferromagnetic Materials, Ed. by E. P. Wohlfarth (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1982), Vol. 3, p. 189.Google Scholar
- 3.S. Chikazumi, Physics of Ferromagnetism, 2nd ed. (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2009).Google Scholar
- 4.Landolt–Börnstein: Magnetic Oxides and Related Compounds (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1970), Vol. 3/4b.Google Scholar
- 5.Handbook of Physical Quantities, Ed. by I. S. Grigoriev and E. Z. Meilikhov (CRC press, Boca Raton, Florida, 1997), Chap. 29.Google Scholar
- 14.R. Bujakiewicz-Koronska, L. Hetmanczyk, B. Garbarz-Glos, A. Budziak, A. Kalvane, K. Bormanis, and K. Druzbicki, Cent. Eur. J. Phys. 10, 1137 (2012).Google Scholar
- 18.A. B. P. Lever, Inorganic Electronic Spectroscopy, 2nd ed. (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1968).Google Scholar