Variations of photoacoustic signals within the Vickers indent in metals under external stresses by the examples of steel and nanocopper
- 27 Downloads
The effect of external mechanical stresses on the parameters of photoacoustic signals within Vickers indents in steel and nanocopper has been experimentally revealed. It has been shown that changes in photoacoustic signals can be reversible and irreversible, depending on the indent orientation and the stress applied to the sample. In this case, reversible changes can reach significant values at the level of tens of percent of the average signal from the sample. The relative changes in the photoacoustic signal amplitudes have been theoretically evaluated for indented and unindented areas, taking into account the temperature dependence of the elastic modulus of metals. It has been shown that its consideration allows qualitative explanation of the differences in the behavior of photoacoustic signals under stresses in indented and unindented areas.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J. Gibmeier, S. Hartmann, and B. Scholtes, Mater. Sci. Forum 490–491, 454 (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Suganuma, J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 78 (11), 2889 (1995).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Suganuma, J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 82 (11), 3113 (1999).Google Scholar
- 8.T. Hoshimiya and M. Hatake-Yama, Open J. Acoust. 3, 8 (2013).Google Scholar
- 15.W. Novacki, Dynamiczne zagadnienia termosprezystosci (Academia, Warszawa, 1966; Mir, Moscow, 1970) [in Poland and in Russian].Google Scholar
- 20.I. N. Frantsevich, F. F. Voronov, and S. A. Bakuta, Elastic Constants and Elastic Moduli for Metals and Non-Metals (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 21.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 7: Theory of Elasticity (Nauka, Moscow, 1987; Butterworth–Heinemann, Oxford, 1991).Google Scholar
- 22.Y. H. Pao, W. Sachse, and H. Fukuoka, Physical Acoustics (Academic, London, 1984), Vol. XVII, p. 61.Google Scholar
- 23.A. N. Guz’, Elastic Waves in Solids with Initial Stresses (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1986), Vol. 1 [in Russian].Google Scholar