Effect of plastic deformation on the electronic properties of the Cu60Pd40 alloy
- 25 Downloads
The effect of severe plastic deformation by torsion under Bridgman anvil pressure (SPDT) on the electrical, magnetic, and optical properties of the Cu60Pd40 alloy was studied. It is shown that, after the alloy is disordered, the Curie-Weiss constants of the paramagnetic component are changed insignificantly. In this case, the temperature-independent negative component of the magnetic susceptibility decreases more than fivefold. The electrical resistance and negative thermopower, on the contrary, increase severalfold as a result of SPDT. The character of the optical conductivity is discussed using the band structure calculation results.
PACS numbers72.15.Eb 75.47.Np 78.40.Kc 81.40.Rs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. M. Savitskii, V. P. Polyakova, and M. A. Tylkina, Palladium Alloys (Nauka, Moscow, 1667; Primary Sources, New York, 1969).Google Scholar
- 2.T. Shiraishi, Nippon Kinzoku Gakkaishi (J. Jpn. Inst. Met.) 46, 245 (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.O. V. Antonova, A. Yu. Volkov, and A. M. Patselov, Fiz. Mezomekh. 9, 91 (2006).Google Scholar
- 4.A. B. Telegin, N. N. Syutkin, and O. D. Shashkov, Fiz. Met. Metalloved. 52, 627 (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Rudnitskii, Thermoelectric Properties of the Noble Metals and Their Alloys (Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow, 1956; US AEC, Division of Technical Information, Oak Ridge, TN, United States, 1959).Google Scholar
- 9.A. A. Klopov, A. S. Taoelashev, and É. V. Kozlov, in Ordering of Atoms and Properties of Alloys, Ed. by A. A. Smirnov (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1979), p. 115 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.F. J. Blatt, P. A. Schroeder, C. L. Foiles and D. Greig, Thermoelectric Power of Metals (Plenum, New York, 1976; Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1980).Google Scholar
- 11.S. V. Vonsovskii, Magnetism (Nauka, Moscow 1971; Wiley, New York, 1974).Google Scholar
- 12.I. Wilkinson, R. J. Hughes, Zs. Major, S. B. Dugbale, M. A. Alam, E. Bruno, B. Ginatempo, and E. S. Giuliano, Phys. Rev. Lett. 87, 216 401 (2001).Google Scholar
- 13.K. P. Gurov, Fundamentals of the Kinetic Theory (Nauka, Moscow, 1966) [in Russian].Google Scholar