A phototropic center and distribution of the chromium impurity in rare-earth garnet crystals
- 21 Downloads
Crystals of two types, namely, Gd3Sc2Al3O12 doped by Ca2+ and Cr3+ ions and Gd3Sc2Ga3O12 doped by Nd3+ and Cr3+, are studied using x-ray diffraction. In order to elucidate how an impurity is embedded in the lattice, its effect on the electron density distribution and microstrains of the crystal lattice is investigated. It is shown that chromium ions can occupy the lattice sites located predominantly in the octahedral environment of the oxygen ligands.
PACS numbers61.72.Dd 61.72.Ff
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. B. Tsvetkov, G. A. Bufetova, D. A. Nikolaev, V. F. Seregin, I. A. Shcherbakov, M. Yu. Gusev, and I. A. Ivanov, Laser Phys. 15, 579 (2005).Google Scholar
- 3.L. I. Krutova, N. A. Kulagin, V. A. Sandulenko, and A. V. Sandulenko, Fiz. Tverd. Tela (Leningrad) 31(7), 170 (1989) [Sov. Phys. Solid State 31 (7), 1193 (1989)].Google Scholar
- 4.V. I. Garmash, V. A. Zhitnyuk, and A. G. Okhrimchuk, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mater. 26, 1700 (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.L. G. Popov, Extended Abstracts of Candidate’s Dissertation (Irkutsk State University, Irkutsk, Russia, 1994) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.J. A. Caird, E. F. Krupke, M. D. Shinn, in Technical Digest of Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (Optical Society of America, Baltimore, MD United States, 1985), p. 232.Google Scholar
- 7.N. N. Il’ichev, A. V. Kir’yanov, P. P. Pashinin, and S. Kh. Shpuga, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 105(5), 1426 (1994) [JETP 78 (5), 768 (1994)].Google Scholar
- 8.L. I. Shchepina, O. V. Borodina, and L. I. Ruzhnikov, Pis’ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 31(6), 23 (2005) [Tech. Phys. Lett. 31 (3), 228 (2005)].Google Scholar
- 9.C. A. Geiger and T. Armbruster, Am. Mineral. 82, 740 (1997).Google Scholar
- 10.Ya. S. Umanskiĭ, X-Ray Diffraction Analysis of Metals and Semiconductors (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1969) [in Russian].Google Scholar