Spectral and luminescence properties of gadolinium gallium garnet epitaxial films doped with terbium
- 79 Downloads
Gadolinium gallium garnet single-crystal films containing terbium are grown through liquid-phase epitaxy from a supercooled solution melt in the PbO-B2O3 system. The optical absorption spectra in the wavelength range 0.2–10.0 μm and the luminescence spectra excited by synchrotron radiation with energies in the range 3.5–30.0 eV are investigated at temperatures of 10 and 300 K. It is revealed that the optical absorption spectra contain an absorption band with the maximum at a wavelength λ ≈0.260 μm, which corresponds to the spin-allowed electric dipole transition between the electronic configurations 4f 8(7 F 6) → 4f 7(8 S)5d of the Tb3+ ions. The narrow low-intensity absorption bands attributed to the 4f → 4f transitions from the 7 F 6 ground level to the 7 F 0–5 multiplet levels of the Tb3+ ions are observed in the wavelength range 1.7–10.0 μm. In the luminescence spectra measured at a temperature of 10 K, the highest intensity is observed for a band with the maximum at a wavelength λ ≈ 0.544 μm, which is associated with the 5 D 4 → 7 F 5 radiative transition in the Tb3+ ion.
PACS numbers78.20.Ci 78.40.-q
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Randoshkin, N. V. Vasil’eva, and N. N. Sysoev, Naukoemkie Tekhnol. 5, 44 (2004).Google Scholar
- 4.Elements and Devices Based on the Bubble Magnetic Domains: A Handbook, Ed. by N. N. Evtikhiev and B. N. Naumov (Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow, 1987) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Randoshkin and A. Ya. Chervonenkis, Applied Magneto-Optics (Énergoatomizdat, Moscow, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Randoshkin, N. V. Vasil’eva, A. V. Vasil’ev, V. G. Plotnichenko, S. V. Lavrishchev, A. M. Saletskiĭ, K. V. Stashun, N. N. Sysoev, and A. N. Churkin, Fiz. Tverd. Tela (St. Petersburg) 43(9), 1594 (2001) [Phys. Solid State 43 (9), 1659 (2001)].Google Scholar
- 11.V. I. Arbuzov, V. Ya. Grabovskis, N. S. Kovaleva, N. T. Rogulis, and M. N. Tolstoĭ, Opt. Spektrosk. 65(4), 943 (1988) [Opt. Spectrosc. 65 (4), 555 (1988)].Google Scholar
- 18.A. K. Zvezdin, V. M. Matveev, A. A. Mukhin, and A. I. Popov, Rare-Earth Ions in Magnetically Ordered Crystals (Nauka, Moscow, 1985) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 19.A. S. Yatsenko, The Grotrian Diagrams for Multiply Charged Ions (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 21.G. E. Malashkevich, G. I. Semkova, A. P. Stupak, and A. V. Sukhodolov, Fiz. Tverd. Tela (St. Petersburg) 46(8), 1386 (2004) [Phys. Solid State 46 (8), 1425 (2004)].Google Scholar