Recombination of Mobile Carriers Across Boron Excited Levels in Silicon at Low Temperatures
- 3 Downloads
Carrier recombination through shallow boron-impurity centers in doped weakly compensated silicon is studied. Much attention is paid to theoretical explanation of the “empirical” temperature dependences of the carrier lifetime τ(T) in the temperature range of (1.7–4.2) K at the doping level nB ≥ 1014 cm–3 and compensation ≤10% (nd + na ≤ 1013 cm–3. It is possible to rather accurately determine that the shallow excited level with a binding energy of 5 meV (3s-state) is quasi-resonant. Approximate formulas for the trapping efficiency are obtained. The effect of “weak” magnetic field (102–103) G on the capture coefficient is studied; it is shown that the “weak” magnetic field slightly reduces the lifetime of carriers, thus stimulating their recombination.
Keywords:recombination paths resonant level trapping efficiency lifetime photoconductivity classical “weak” and “strong” magnetic fields
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The author declares that he has no conflict of interest.
- 2.V. V. Ryl’kov, Sov. Phys. Semicond. 22, 1048 (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.E. I. Voevodin, E. M. Gershenzon, G. N. Gol’tsman, N. G. Ptitsina, and G. M. Chulkova, Sov. Phys. Semicond. 22, 333 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Z. Imamov, O. V. Kurnosova, and A. A. Pakhomov, Sov. Phys. Solid State 31, 467 (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.E. Z. Imamov, N. M. Kolchanova, L. N. Kreshchuk, and I. N. Yassievich, Sov. Phys. Solid State 27, 39 (1985).Google Scholar
- 9.S. G. Dmitriev, V. V. Ryl’kov, and O. G. Shagimuratov, Sov. Phys. Semicond. 25, 221 (1991).Google Scholar