Time-Resolved Photoluminescence of InGaAs Nanostructures Different in Quantum Dimensionality
- 16 Downloads
The time-resolved photoluminescence of quantum-confined InGaAs heterostructures grown on GaAs substrates is studied by time-correlated single photon counting. The heterostructures have different dimensionalities: the structures are formed as quantum dots, quantum wells, and structures of transition dimensionality (quantum well-dots). It is found that the room-temperature photoluminescence decay time of the samples substantially depends on their dimensionality and corresponds to 6, 7, and >20 ns for quantum dots, well-dots, and wells, respectively. It is thought that the presence of localization centers for charge carriers can be responsible for the experimentally observed shortening of the photoluminescence time in the heterostructures.
Keywords:photoluminescence time resolution quantum-confined structures
The study was supported by the Russian Science Foundation, project no. 16-12-10269.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 6.Qingnan Yu, Xue Li, Yan Jia, Wei Lu, Ming Zheng, Xing Zhang, Yongqiang Ning, and Jian Wu, ACS Photon. 5, 4896 (2018).Google Scholar
- 10.A. S. Payusov, Yu. M. Shernyakov, A. A. Serin, A. M. Nadtochiy, S. A. Mintairov, N. A. Kalyuzhnyy, M. M. Kulagina, A. E. Zhukov, N. Yu. Gordeev, and M. V. Maximov, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 1135, 012071 (2018).Google Scholar
- 12.A. E. Zhukov, N. V. Kryzhanovskaya, and M. V. Maximov, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Frontiers of 21st Century Physics and Ioffe Institute, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2018, p. 33.Google Scholar
- 13.B. V. Volovik, A. F. Tsatsul’nikov, D. A. Bedarev, A. Yu. Egorov, A. E. Zhukov, A. R. Kovsh, N. N. Ledentsov, M. V. Maksimov, N. A. Maleev, Yu. G. Musi-khin, A. A. Suvorova, V. M. Ustinov, P. S. Kop’ev, Zh. I. Alferov, D. Bimberg, and P. Verener, Semiconductors 33, 901 (1999).ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.A. M. Nadtochiy, M. V. Maximov, S. A. Mintairov, N. A. Kalyuzhnyy, Y. M. Shernyakov, A. S. Payusov, A. E. Zhukov, S. Rouvimov, and A. V. Savelyev, Proc. SPIE 10114, UNSP101140Y (2017).Google Scholar