Effect of the Temperature of Photonic Annealing on the Structural and Optical Properties of ZnO Films Synthesized by Dual Magnetron-Assisted Sputtering
- 19 Downloads
Zinc-oxide films 1.4 μm in thickness are deposited onto glassy substrates by the dual magnetron-assisted sputtering of zinc targets in an argon and oxygen gas atmosphere. The dependences of the structural and optical characteristics of the ZnO films on the temperature of postdeposition photonic annealing are studied. It is established that an increase in the annealing temperature yields an increase in the degree of crystallinity of the films. Electron microscopy shows that the deposited ZnO coatings are columnar in structure and the microstructure density and crystallite size increase upon annealing. It is found that, at an annealing temperature of 450–650°C, the optical transmittance increases to >90% in the spectral range 400–1100 nm. The experimental results show that the temperature of vacuum photonic annealing has the most profound effect on the final properties of ZnO coatings.
The study was supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, government order no. 11.9329.2017/8.9. The study was carried out using equipment of the Center of Advanced Technologies, Belgorod State Technological University.
- 4.Y. Natsume and H. Sakata, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 12, 87 (2001).Google Scholar
- 7.V. B. Zalesskii, T. R. Leonova, O. V. Goncharova, I. A. Viktorov, V. F. Gremenok, and E. P. Zaretskaya, Fiz. Khim. Tverd. Tela 6, 44 (2005).Google Scholar
- 10.A. I. Kuz’michev, Magnetron Sputtering Systems (Avers, Moscow, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.V. M. Nartsev, M. S. Ageeva, D. S. Prokhorenkov, S. V. Zaitsev, S. V. Karatsupa, and V. S. Vashchilin, Vestn. BGTU im. V. G. Shukhova 6, 168 (2013).Google Scholar
- 16.Y. Y. Kim, S. W. Kang, B. H. Kong, and H. K. Cho, Phys. B (Amsterdam, Neth.) 401, 408 (2007).Google Scholar
- 18.G. A. Kumar, M. R. Reddy, and K. N. Reddy, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 365, 012031 (2012). http://iopscience.iop.org/ article/10.1088/1742-6596/365/1/012031/meta.Google Scholar
- 22.G. P. Daniel, V. B. Justinvictor, P. B. Nair, K. Joy, P. Koshy, and P. V. Thomas, Phys. B (Amsterdam, Neth.) 405, 1782 (2010).Google Scholar