Influence of Annealing in Freon on the Crystalline Structure of Cadmium-Telluride Layers and the Efficiency of Thin-Film Solar Cells on Their Basis
- 12 Downloads
Solar cells (SCs) based on cadmium-telluride base layers, obtained by thermal evaporation and closed-space sublimation (CSS), are investigated. The base layers are activated via annealing in Freon. Structural and morphological studies are carried out to compare the recrystallization processes occurring during annealing in CdTе layers fabricated by different methods. The output parameters and light diode characteristics of the SCs are investigated, and the possibility of applying Freon annealing in the commercial production technology of thin-film CdS/CdTе SCs with base layers formed by thermal vacuum evaporation is analyzed.
- 1.K. J. Price, in Proceeding of the Materials Research Society Symposium (San Francisco, USA, 2001), p. H1.6.1.Google Scholar
- 3.N. Romeo, A. Bosio, and R. Tedeschi, in Proceeding of the 2nd Word Conference on Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conversion, Vienna, Austria, 1999, p. 235.Google Scholar
- 8.G. S. Khrypunov and A. V. Meriuts, Ukr. J. Phys. 49, 1188 (2004).Google Scholar
- 11.M. Terheggen, H. Heinrich, G. Kostorz, A. Romeo, and A. N. Tiwari, in Proceedings of the 17th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, Munich, Germany, 2002, p. 1188.Google Scholar
- 12.B. L. Sharma and R. K. Purohit, Semiconductor Heterojunctions (Pergamon, Oxford, 1974).Google Scholar