Classification of Energy States of the Exciton in Square Quantum Well
- 31 Downloads
The energy states of the exciton in a single square GaAs-based quantum well are obtained from a numerical solution of the three-dimensional Schrödinger equation for the envelope of the exciton wave function. This equation is based on the exciton effective energy operator with a spherical approximation of the Luttinger Hamiltonian. The calculated states are classified based on the types of one-dimensional functions for the factorized form of the wave function. The upper limit for the energies of the exciton states in a quantum well is confirmed by the complex scaling method.
The work is supported by RFBR (grants nos. 16-02-00245, 18-32-00568). The calculations were carried out using the facilities of the SPbU Resource Center “Computational Center of SPbU”.
- 3.E. L. Ivchenko, Optical Spectroscopy of Semiconductor Nanostructures (Alpha Science, Harrow, 2005).Google Scholar
- 7.D. B. T. Thoai, R. Zimmermann, M. Grundmann, and D. Bimberg, Phys. Rev. B 42, 5906(R) (1990).Google Scholar
- 11.P. A. Belov and E. S. Khramtsov, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 816, 012018 (2017).Google Scholar
- 13.A. A. Samarskii, The Theory of Difference Schemes (Nauka, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 18.P. A. Belov, E. R. Nugumanov, and S. L. Yakovlev, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 929, 012035 (2017).Google Scholar