GaInAsP/InP-Based Laser Power Converters (λ = 1064 nm)
- 5 Downloads
Photovoltaic laser-power converters with irradiation of the substrate side are developed based on lattice-matched GaInAs/InP heterostructures formed by metal-organic vapor-phase epitaxy. Variants of antireflection coatings with a reflection minimum at a wavelength of λ = 1064 nm as well as features of chip bonding using soldering pastes with different melting points are considered. The efficiency of 34.5% (1.2 W, λ =1064 nm) is achieved for the converters with the area of 3.5 × 3.5 mm2 at uniform radiation conditions.
This study was supported by the Russian Scientific Fund, project no. 17-79-30035. SIMS measurements were performed at JUC “Materials Science and Diagnostics in Advanced Technologies” (Ioffe Institute). We thank Submicron Heterostructures for Microelectronics Research and Engineering Center of the RAS, St. Petersburg, for presenting the MOVPE equipment to our disposal to perform growth studies.
- 5.M. Zarin, N. Potapovich, V. Vasil’ev, and V. Khvostikov, in Proceedings of the Saint-Petersburg OPEN 2014, p. 207.Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Zarin, in Proceedings of the 15th All-Russia Youth Conference on Physics of Semiconductors and Nanostructures, Semiconductor Opto- and Nanoelectronics, St. Petersburg, 2013, p. 79.Google Scholar
- 7.A. E. Marichev and V. P. Khvostikov, in Proceedings of the 15th All-Russia Youth Conference on Physics of Semiconductors and Nanostructures, Semiconductor Opto- and Nanoelectronics, St. Petersburg, 2013, p. 24.Google Scholar
- 8.A. E. Marichev and R. V. Levin, in Proceedings of the 15th All-Russia Youth Conference on Physics and Astronomy FizikA SPb, St. Petersburg, 2013, p. 168.Google Scholar
- 9.V. M. Andreev, R. V. Levin, B. V. Pushnyi, and A. E. Marichev, Request on RF Patent No. 2017126798 (2017).Google Scholar