Nonlinear Optical Properties of CdS/ZnS Quantum Dots in a High-Molecular-Weight Polyvinylpyrrolidone Matrix
- 14 Downloads
Sols containing core/shell CdS/ZnS semiconductor quantum dots are synthesized and their nonlinear properties, which are interesting for a large variety of applications in nanophotonics, are studied. The quantum dots produced are smaller in dimensions than the exciton Bohr radius and, therefore, exhibit a well-pronounced quantum-confinement effect. The nonlinear optical properties of low-concentration sols are studied upon exposure to laser pulses with an emission wavelength of 532 nm and a duration of 5 ns by the z-scan technique. The dependences of nonlinear optical coefficients on the concentration of CdS/ZnS quantum dots are obtained. The intensity dependence of two-photon absorption coefficients is presented. The dependence determines the boundary of the influence of high-order nonlinearities on the nonlinear transmittance of the samples. The mechanisms of optical limitation exhibited by sols, specifically, two-photon absorption, nonlinear refraction, and nonlinear scattering are discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.J. Szeremeta, M. Nyk, D. Wawrzynczyk, and M. Samoc, Nanoscale (2013). doi 10.1039/c3nr33860fGoogle Scholar
- 12.R. A. Al Aloosi and H. A. Jawad, Int. J. Adv. Res. Educ. Technol. 3, 146 (2016).Google Scholar
- 13.J. V. Antony, J. J. Pillai, P. Kurian, N. V. P. Nampoori, and G. E. Kochimoolayil, New J. Chem. (2017). doi 10.1039/C6NJ03665AGoogle Scholar
- 20.Al. L. Efros and A. L. Efros, Sov. Phys. Semicond. 16, 772 (1982).Google Scholar
- 24.L. Sarayanan, S. Diwakar, R. Mohankumar, A. Pandurangan, and R. Jayavel, Nanomater. Nanotechnol. 1, 42 (2001).Google Scholar
- 25.J. Wei, Springer Ser. Opt. Sci. 191, 25 (2015).Google Scholar
- 27.M. Kerker, The Scattering of Light and Other Electromagnetic Radiation (Academic, New York, 1969).Google Scholar
- 30.R. W. Boyd, Nonlinear Optics (Academic, New York, 2003).Google Scholar
- 31.A. C. Panfutova, Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. Dissertation (Vavilov State Optic. Inst., St. Petersburg, 2016).Google Scholar