Tunneling and current characteristics of two-miniband superlattice
- First Online:
- 66 Downloads
Electron tunneling in semiconductor superlattices with asymmetric unit cells is studied in the two-miniband approximation. It is shown that the probability of interminiband tunneling through a superlattice period is independent of the initial quasi-momentum and can take minimum values in weak electric fields under conditions of the “anticrossing” of Wannier-Stark ladders. In the same fields, currents are at maximum. The dependences of the probability of interminiband tunneling and current on the field direction are predicted. The role of the diagonal elements of the coordinate operator is determined.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.V. Ya. Aleshkin and Yu. A. Romanov, Sov. Phys. JETP 60, 1068 (1984); Sov. Phys. Semicond. 20, 176 (1986).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. A. Romanov, in Proceedings of the 8th Russian Conference on Semiconductor Physics (Ekaterinburg, Rossiya, 2007), p. 168; Yu. Yu. Romanova, in Proceedings of the 8th Russian Conference on Semiconductor Physics (Ekaterinburg, Rossiya, 2007), p. 135.Google Scholar
- 11.L. K. Orlov and Yu. A. Romanov, Sov. Phys. Semicond. 19, 1157 (1985).Google Scholar
- 12.L. K. Orlov and Yu. A. Romanov, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Radiofiz. 32, 282 (1989).Google Scholar
- 13.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 3: Quantum Mechanics: Non-Relativistic Theory (Nauka, Moscow, 1989, 4th ed.; Pergamon, New York, 1977, 3rd ed.), rus. p. 26.Google Scholar