Generation efficiency of single-photon current pulses in the Geiger mode of silicon avalanche photodiodes
- 31 Downloads
Statistical fluctuations of the avalanche’s multiplication efficiency were studied as applied to the single-photon (Geiger) mode of avalanche photodiodes. The distribution function of partial multiplication factors with an anomalously wide (of the order of the average) dispersion was obtained. Expressions for partial feedback factors were derived in terms of the average gain and the corresponding dependences on the diode’s overvoltage were calculated. Final expressions for the photon-electric pulse’s conversion were derived by averaging corresponding formulas over the coordinate of initiating photoelectron generation using the functions of optical photon absorption in silicon.
PACS numbers73.40.Lq 85.30.Mn 85.60.Dw
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. V. Vanyushin, V. A. Gergel’, V. M. Gontar’, V. A. Zimoglyad, Yu. I. Tishin, V. A. Kholodnov, and I. M. Shcheleva, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. 41, 741 (2007) [Semiconductors 41, 718 (2007)].Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Verkhovtseva, V. A. Gergel’, A. P. Zelenyĭ, V. A. Zimoglyad, and Yu. I. Tishin, Radiotekhn. Élektron. 54, 347 (2009).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Verkhovtseva and V. A. Gergel’, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. 43, 966 (2009) [Semiconductors 43 (2009, in press)].Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Levich, Introduction to Statistical Physics (GIZ Tekhn.-Teor. Lit., Moscow, 1954) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.I. V. Grekhov and Yu. N. Serezhkin, Avalanche Break-downs of p-n Junction in Semiconductors (Énergiya, Leningrad, 1980), p. 9 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Abrikosov, D. P. Gor’kov, and I. E. Dzyaloshinskiĭ, Methods of Quantum Field Theory in Statistical Physics (Fizmatgiz, Moscow, 1962) [in Russian].Google Scholar