Optimization of a Multidischarge Actuator System
- 30 Downloads
A multidischarge actuator system (MAS) based on an improved three-electrode scheme with a screening electrode has been studied. The geometrical and physical parameters of the MAS are optimized to increase the velocity and energy efficiency of the generated airflow. The dependences of the airflow velocity at the output of the MAS on the frequency, voltage amplitude, and average supply power are experimentally determined. The maximum velocity is measured as a function of the total thickness of the dielectric substrate.
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 16-38-60194.
- 2.R. J. Roth and X. Dai, in Proceedings of the 44th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibition, Reno, NV, 2006, p. 1203.Google Scholar
- 3.S. V. Nebogatkin, I. E. Rebrov, V. Y. Khomich, and V. A. Yamshchikov, XLIII International Zvenigorod Conference on Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion, Zvenigorod, 2016, Book of Abstracts, p. 248.Google Scholar
- 5.S. V. Nebogatkin, I. E. Rebrov, V. Y. Khomich, and V. A. Yamshchikov, Usp. Prikl. Fiz. 2, 595 (2014).Google Scholar
- 12.M. D. Gamirullin, A. P. Kuryachii, I. E. Rebrov, V. Y. Khomich, S. L. Chernyshev, and V. A. Yamshchikov, Prikl. Fiz., No. 5, 95 (2015).Google Scholar
- 14.M. V. Malashin, S. I. Moshkunov, V. Y. Khomich, and E. A. Shershunova, Instrum. Exp. Tech. 59, 71 (2016).Google Scholar
- 16.D. E. Ashpis, M. C. Laun, and E. L. Griebeler, in Proceedings of the 50th Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, Nashville, TN, 2012, AIAA Paper 2012-0823.Google Scholar
- 17.H. Jiang, T. Shao, C. Zhang, P. Yan, Z. Niu, and Y. Zhou, in Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena, Chenzhen, 2013, p. 1030.Google Scholar
- 18.J. Pons, E. Moreau, and G. Touchard, in Proceedings of the XXVIII International Conference on Phenomena in Ionized Gases, Prague, 2007, p. 953.Google Scholar
- 19.M. D. Gamirullin, A. P. Kuryachii, V. M. Litvinov, and S. L. Chernyshev, Uchen. Zapiski TsAGI 45 (6), 28 (2014).Google Scholar