Specific features of measuring the isotopic composition of hydrogen ions in ITER plasma by using neutral particle diagnostics under neutral beam injection conditions
- First Online:
- 45 Downloads
Results of numerical simulation of signals from neutral particle analyzers under injection of the heating and diagnostic neutral beams in different operating modes of the ITER tokamak are presented. The distribution functions of fast ions in plasma are simulated, and the corresponding neutral particle fluxes escaping from the plasma along the line of sight of the analyzers are calculated. It is shown that the injection of heating deuterium (D0) beams results in the appearance of an intense background signal hampering measurements of the ratio between the densities of deuterium and tritium fuel ions in plasma in the thermal energy range. The injection of a diagnostic hydrogen (H0) beam does not affect measurements owing to the high mass resolution of the analyzers.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Walsh, P. Andrew, R. Barnsley, L. Bertalot, R. Boivin, D. Bora, R. Bouhamou, S. Ciattaglia, A. E. Costley, G. Counsell, M. F. Direz, J. M. Drevon, A. Encheva, T. Fang, G. Janeschitz, et al., in Proceedings of the 23rd IAEA Fusion Energy Conference, Daejeon, 2010, Paper ITR/P1-07.Google Scholar
- 5.ITER Technical Basis (ITER EDA Documentation, Ser. 24) (IAEA, Vienna, 2002), http://www-pub.iaea.org/ MTCD/Publications/PDF/ITER-EDA-DS-24.pdfGoogle Scholar
- 6.ITER Design Description Document (DDD 5.3), Neutral Beam Heating & Current Drive System (ITER Report No. 53 DDD 29 01-07-03R 0.1).Google Scholar
- 7.B. Schunke, D. Bora, R. Hemsworth, and A. Tanga, in Proceedings of the 1st International Symposium on Negative Ions, Beams and Sources, Aix-en-Provence, 2008, AIP Conf Proc. 1097, 480 (2009).Google Scholar
- 9.P. B. Aleinikov and S. V. Konovalov, Vopr. At. Nauki Tekh., Ser. Termoyad. Sintez, No. 4, 103 (2011).Google Scholar