Noninductive plasma generation and current drive in the Globus-M spherical tokamak
- 106 Downloads
Experimental results on the generation and maintenance of the toroidal current in the Globus-M spherical tokamak by using waves in the lower hybrid frequency range without applying an inductive vortex electric field are presented. For this purpose, the original ridge guide antennas forming a field distribution similar to that produced by multiwaveguide grills were used. The high-frequency field (900 MHz) was used for both plasma generation and current drive. The magnitude of the generated current reached 21 kA, and its direction depended on the direction of the vertical magnetic field. Analysis of the experimental results indicates that the major fraction of the current is carried by the suprathermal electron beam.
KeywordsPlasma Physic Report Plasma Column Current Drive Vertical Magnetic Field Vertical Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. Fjiri, Y. Takase, J. Sugiyama, et al., in Proceedings of the 22nd IAEA Fusion Energy Conference, Geneva, 2008, Paper EX/P6-6.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Tanaka, T. Maekama, M. Uchida, et al., in Proceedings of the 22nd IAEA Fusion Energy Conference, Geneva, 2008, Paper EX/P6-8.Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Alikaev, A. A. Borshchegovskij, V. V. Chist’akov, et al., Plasma Phys. Controlled Nucl. Fusion Res. 1, 533 (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. D’yachenko, M. M. Larionov, S. I. Lashkul, et al., Vopr. At. Nauki Tekh., Ser. Termoyad. Sintez, No. 4, 20 (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.V. N. Budnikov, V. V. Dyachenko, L. A. Esipov, et al., in Proceedings of the 19th EPS Conference on Controlled Fusion and Plasma Physics, Innsbruck, 1992, ECA 16C, 997 (1992).Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Dyachenko, F. V. Chernyshev, I. N. Chugunov, et al., in Proceedings of the 37th EPS Conference on Plasma Physics, Dublin, 2010, ECA 34A, P-5.151 (2010), http://ocs.ciemat.es/EPS2010PAP/pdf/P5.151.pdf
- 9.V. V. Dyachenko, F. V. Chernyshev, V. K. Gusev, et al., in Proceedings of the 38th EPS Conference on Controlled Fusion and Plasma Physics, Strasbourg, 2011, Paper P-4.098.Google Scholar
- 14.O. N. Shcherbinin, E. Z. Gusakov, V. V. Dyachenko, et al., in Proceedings of the 18th Topical Conference on RF Power in Plasmas, Gent, 2009, AIP Conf. Proc. 1187, 427 (2009).Google Scholar