Experimental study of toroidal Alfvén modes in the Globus-M spherical tokamak
- 54 Downloads
In the experiments carried out on the Globus-M tokamak in regimes with injection of 26-keV neutral beams with a power of 0.75–0.85 MW, two branches of instabilities excited by fast ions were observed in the early stage of a discharge: a low-frequency energetic particle mode (EPM) in the frequency range of 5–30 kHz and a high-frequency mode in the range of 50–200 kHz, identified as a toroidal Alfvén eigenmode (TAE). The TAE developed in the initial phase of the discharge at q(0) > 1 and terminated when sawtooth oscillations were excited at q(0) < 1. The spectrum and spatial localization of the mode agree with predictions of the linear theory. The modes observed in the Globus-M tokamak possess both properties common to other tokamaks and their own specific features.
KeywordsPlasma Physic Report Neutral Beam Neutral Beam Injection Loop Signal Deuterium Plasma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ITER Physics Expert Group on Energetic Particles, Heating, and Current Drive and ITER Physics Basis Editors, Nucl. Fusion 39, 2471 (1999).Google Scholar
- 14.V. K. Gusev, V. E. Golant, E. Z. Gusakov, et al., Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 69(9), 58 (1999) [Tech. Phys. 44, 1054 (1999)].Google Scholar
- 15.V. K. Gusev, A. V. Dech, L. A. Esipov, et al., Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 77(9), 28 (2007) [Tech. Phys. 52, 1121 (2007)].Google Scholar
- 16.F. V. Chernyshev, V. I. Afanas’ev, V. K. Gusev, et al., Fiz. Plazmy 37, 595 (2011) [Plasma Phys. Rep. 37, 553 (2011)].Google Scholar
- 20.V. K. Gusev, S. E. Bender, A. V. Dech, et al., Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 76(8), 25 (2006) [Tech. Phys. 51, 987 (2006)].Google Scholar