Multiharmonic cubic-nonlinear theory of plasma-beam superheterodyne free-electron lasers of the dopplertron type
A multiharmonic cubic-nonlinear theory of a plasma-beam superheterodyne free-electron laser of the dopplertron type is constructed. A retarded electromagnetic wave propagating in the magnetized plasma-beam system toward the electron beam is used for pumping. The multiharmonic interaction of waves which plays an important role is taken into account. Saturation levels and mechanisms are analyzed. The promising application of such systems for generating high-power electromagnetic radiation in the millimeter wavelength range is demonstrated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. V. Kulish, O. V. Lysenko, and V. V. Koval’, Visn. Sums’kogo Derzhuniver., Ser. Fiz., Mat., Mekh., No. 2, 112 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.V. L. Ginzburg, The Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves in Plasmas (Nauka, Moscow, 1967; Pergamon, Oxford, 1970).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Kulish, Hierarchical methods, Vol. II: Undulative Electrodynamic Systems (Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, 2002).Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Kulish, Hierarchical methods, Vol. I: Hierarchy and Hierarchic Asymptotic Methods in Electrodynamics (Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, 2002).Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Kulish, Methods of Averaging in Nonlinear Problem of Relativistic Electrodynamics (World Federation, Atlanta, 1996).Google Scholar
- 8.M. V. Kuzelev, A. A. Rukhadze, and P. S. Strelkov, Plasma Relativistic Microwave Electronics (Mosk. Gos. Tekhn. Univ. im. N.É. Baumana, Moscow, 2002) [in Russian].Google Scholar