Effect of parametric resonance on the formation of waves with a broad multiharmonic spectrum during the development of two-stream instability
- 29 Downloads
A cubically nonlinear multiharmonic theory of two-stream instability in a two-velocity relativistic electron beam is constructed with allowance for parametric resonance between harmonics of longitudinal waves of different types, as well as between wave harmonics of the same type. The effect of these two kinds of parametric resonance interaction on the development of two-stream instability is investigated. It is shown that parametric resonance between different types of longitudinal waves excited in a two-velocity beam can substantially affect the development of physical processes in the system under study. It is proposed to use parametric resonance between longitudinal waves of different types to form waves with a prescribed broad multiharmonic spectrum.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Ya. Kotsarenko and V. V. Kulish, Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 50, 220 (1980) [Sov. Phys. Tech. Phys. 25, 136 (1980)].Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Kulish and V. P. Pugachev, Fiz. Plazmy 17, 696 (1991) [Sov. J. Plasma Phys. 17, 408 (1991)].Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Kulish, Hierarchical Methods, Vol. II: Undulative Electrodynamic Systems (Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, 2002).Google Scholar
- 5.M. V. Kuzelev, A. A. Rukhadze, and P. S. Strelkov, Plasma Relativistic Microwave Electronics (Mosk. Gos. Tekhn. Univ. im. N.É. Baumana, Moscow, 2002) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Kulish, O. V. Lysenko, and V. Savchenko, Laser Phys. 15, 1629 (2005).Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Kulish, A. V. Lysenko, and M. Yu. Rombovsky, Prikl. Fiz., No. 1, 71 (2009).Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Kulish, Hierarchical Methods, Vol. I: Hierarchy and Hierarchic Asymptotic Methods in Electrodynamics (Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, 2002).Google Scholar