Saturation of the neutron yield from megajoule plasma focus facilities
A relation is investigated between the saturation of the neutron yield from megajoule plasma focus facilities and that of the total discharge current. An analytic formula for the neutron yield as a function of the facility energy is derived by simple calculations of the discharge circuit and is verified by computer simulations of the dynamics of the current sheath. The dependence obtained differs from the generally accepted one but agrees well with experimental data.
PACS numbers52.58.Lq 52.59.Hq 52.70.-m
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Pouzo, in Proceedings of the 2nd Symposium on Current Trends in International Fusion Research, Washington, DC, 1997, Ed. by E. Panarella (NRC Research Press, Ottawa, 1999), p. 41.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Schmidt, Report No. IPF-87-5 (Institut für Plasmaforschung, Stuttgart, 1987).Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Burtsev, V. A. Gribkov, and T. I. Filippova, Itogi Nauki Tekh., Ser. Fiz. Plazmy 2, 226 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.C. Gourland, H. Kroegler, Ch. Maisonnier, et al., Preprint No. 78.12/cc (CNEN Frascati Center, Roma, 1978).Google Scholar
- 5.V. Ya. Nikulin, S. N. Polukhin, and A. A. Tikhomirov, Fiz. Plazmy 31, 642 (2005) [Plasma Phys. Rep. 31, 591 (2005)].Google Scholar
- 6.M. Sholz, in Proceedings of the Workshop and Expert Meeting of the International Centre for Dense Magnetized Plasma, Warsaw, 2004, p. 210.Google Scholar
- 7.M. A. Karakin, E. Yu. Khautiev, V. I. Krauz, et al., in Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on High-Power Particle Beams, St. Petersburg, 2004, p. 7014.Google Scholar
- 10.H. Schmidt, H. Herold, L. Bertalot, et al., Atomkernenerg. Kernt. 44, 191 (1984).Google Scholar