Search for Local Neutrino Sources with the Baksan Underground Scintillation Telescope
- 12 Downloads
Local sources of muon neutrinos are searched for with the Baksan underground scintillation telescope. In the period from December 1978 through May 2017 (live-time 31.05 yr), 1635 neutrino events with zenith angles between 95° and 180° have been detected. No local sources of muon neutrinos with energies over 1 GeV have been found. Upper limits on the fluxes of muon neutrinos emitted by known astrophysical objects are established.
This work is based on the data from the Baksan underground scintillation telescope and was supported by the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences under the program “Physics of Fundamental Interactions and Nuclear Technologies”.
- 1.M. C. Gonzalez-Garcia, F. Halzen, and V. Niro, Astropart. Phys. 57–58, 39–48 (2014).Google Scholar
- 9.E. N. Alexeyev, V. V. Alexeyenko, Yu. M. Andreyev, V. N. Bakatanov, A. V. Butkevich, A. E. Chudakov, M. D. Galperin, A. A. Gitelson, V. I. Gurentsov, A. E. Danshin, V. A. Dogujaev, V. L. Dadikin, Ya. S. Elensky, V. A. Kozyarivsky, I. M. Kogai, N. F. Klimenko, A. A. Kiryushin, Yu. N. Konovalov, B. A. Makoev, V. Ya. Markov, Yu. Ya. Markov, Yu. V. Malovichko, N. A. Metlinsky, A. R. Mihelev, S. P. Mikheyev, Yu. F. Novoselsev, V. G. Sborshikov, V. V. Sklyarov, V. I. Stepanov, Yu. V. Stenkin, Yu. R. Sulla-Petrovsky, T. I. Tulupova, A. V. Voevodsky, V. I. Volchenko, and V. N. Zakideshev, in Proc. 16th International Cosmic Ray Conference (1979), vol. 10, pp. 276–281.Google Scholar
- 10.V. N. Bakatanov and V. L. Dadykin, in Proc. 5th All-Union Conference on Synthesizing, Manufacturing, and Implementing Scintillators (Kharkov, 1970), vol. 2, p. 43 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.Yu. M. Andreyev, A. E. Chudakov, Yu. V. Malovichko, V. Y. Markov, S. P. Mikheyev, V. I. Stepanov, and V. N. Zakidyshev, in Proc. 16th International Cosmic Ray Conference (1979), vol. 10, pp. 184–187.Google Scholar
- 12.Yu. M. Andreev, V. I. Gurentsov, I. M. Kogai, and O. Yu. Nikishina, Preprint, Institute for Nuclear Research, Moscow, 1989.Google Scholar
- 13.M. M. Boliev, A. V. Butkevich, A. E. Chudakov, S. P. Mikheyev, N. V. Skarzhinskaya, and V. N. Zakideshev, in Proc. 3rd International Workshop on Neutrino Telescopes (1991), pp. 235–245.Google Scholar
- 14.M. M. Boliev, A. V. Butkevich, A. E. Chudakov, S. P. Mikheyev, O. V. Suvorova, and V. N. Zakidyshev, in Proc. 24th International Cosmic Ray Conference (Rome, 1995), vol. 1, pp. 686–689.Google Scholar
- 15.L. V. Volkova, Yad. Fiz. 31, 784–794 (1980).Google Scholar