Results from the CMS collaboration on the search of heavy dilepton and diphoton resonances
- 18 Downloads
A survey of the results on the search of new heavy resonances decaying into muon, electron, or photon pairs in the CMS experiment at proton beams of the LHC in the run of 2015 for the total center of mass energy √s = 13 TeV is presented. The limits for heavy resonance production cross sections are set. Excess of diphoton events in the region of mass spectra near 750 GeV with a local statistical significance of 3.4 σ and a global statistical significance of 1.6 σ is observed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.W. J. Stirling, Private communication. http://www.hep.ph.ic.ac.uk/~wstirlin/plots/plots.html.Google Scholar
- 7.CMS Collaboration, J. High Energy Phys. 04, 025 (2015) (arXiv:1412.6302).Google Scholar
- 8.N. Craig, J. Galloway, and S. Thomas, arXiv:1305.2424.Google Scholar
- 11.CMS Collaboration, CMS-PAS-EXO-15-004.Google Scholar
- 12.ATLAS Collaboration, ATLAS-CONF-2015-081.Google Scholar