Measurement of analyzing power for the reaction \(\vec p + CH_2\) at polarized proton momentum of 7.5 GeV/c (ALPOM2 proposal)
- 71 Downloads
An accurate data base for the analyzing power of thick CH2 analyzers for high energy protons has been at the basis of several research efforts in a number of laboratories. Starting in the late eighties such data were collected at SATURNE in Saclay, and with the Synchrophasotron in Dubna, and led to an extensive program of study of polarization phenomena in pd interaction, either backward elastic scattering or breakup [1–6]. At about the same time it became evident that measuring polarization observables in elastic ep was going to be the best approach to determine the form factors of the proton, G Ep and G Mp , as had been predicted by Akhiezer and Rekalo .
KeywordsDeuteron Beam Hadron Calorimeter Proton Momentum High Energy Proton Proton Form Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 11.A. J. R. Puckett, E. J. Brash, O. Gayou, M. K. Jones et al., arXiv:1102.5737.Google Scholar
- 12.C. F. Perdrisat, V. Punjabi, M. Jones, E. Brash et al., Letter of Intent LOI12-06-103 (submitted to Jlab PAC30, 2006).Google Scholar
- 13.E. Cisbani, L. Pentchev, C. Perdrisat, V. Punjabi, and B. Wojtsekhowski, JLab E12-07-109, 2007.Google Scholar
- 16.H. Spinka et al., Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A 211, 239 (1983).Google Scholar
- 18.V. P. Balandin et al., JINR Commun., P13-2008-196, Dubna.Google Scholar