Representation of radiative strength functions within a practical model of cascade gamma decay
- 55 Downloads
A practical model developed at the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (JINR, Dubna) in order to describe the cascade gamma decay of neutron resonances makes it possible to determine simultaneously, from an approximation of the intensities of two-step cascades, parameters of nuclear level densities and partial widths with respect to the emission of nuclear-reaction products. The number of the phenomenological ideas used isminimized in themodel version considered in the present study. An analysis of new results confirms what was obtained earlier for the dependence of dynamics of the interaction of fermion and boson nuclear states on the nuclear shape. From the ratio of the level densities for excitations of the vibrational and quasiparticle types, it also follows that this interaction manifests itself in the region around the neutron binding energy and is probably different in nuclei that have different parities of nucleons.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Reference Input Parameter Library RIPL-2, Handbook for Calculations of Nuclear Reaction Data, IAEA-TECDOC (IAEA, 2002).Google Scholar
- 4.N. Jovancevich, A. M. Sukhovoj, W. I. Furman, and V. A. Khitrov, in Proceedings of the 20th International Seminar on Interaction of Neutrons with Nuclei, Dubna, May 2012, Preprint JINR No. E3-2013-22 (Joint Inst. Nucl. Res., Dubna, 2013), p. 157. http://isinn.jinr.ru/past-isinns.html.Google Scholar
- 7.D. M. Brink, PhD Thesis (Oxford Univ., Oxford, 1955).Google Scholar
- 9.V. M. Strutinsky, in Proceedings of the International Congress on Nuclear Physics, Paris, France, 1958, p.617.Google Scholar
- 10.A. V. Ignatyuk, Report INDC-233(L) (IAEA, Vienna, 1985).Google Scholar
- 12.A. M. Sukhovoj and L. V. Mitsyna, in Proceedings of the 22nd International Seminar on Interaction of Neutrons with Nuclei, Dubna, May 2014, Preprint JINR No. E3-2015-13 (Joint Inst. Nucl. Res., Dubna, 2015), p. 245. http://isinn.jinr.ru/pastisinns. html.Google Scholar
- 13.http://www-nds.iaea.org/ENDSF.Google Scholar
- 14.S. G. Kadmenskii, V. P. Markushev, and V. I. Furman, Sov. J. Nucl Phys. 37, 165 (1983).Google Scholar
- 15.L. A. Malov and V. G. Solov’ev, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 26, 384 (1977).Google Scholar
- 18.A. M. Sukhovoj and V. A. Khitrov, Preprint JINR No. E3-2005-196 (Joint Inst. Nucl. Res., Dubna, 2005).Google Scholar
- 19.A. M. Sukhovoi and V. A. Khitrov, Phys. Part. Nucl. 36, 359 (2005).Google Scholar
- 21.V. A. Kravtsov, Atomic Masses and Nuclear Binding Energies (Atomizdat, Moscow, 1965) [in Russian].Google Scholar