Irradiation of nuclear track emulsions with thermal neutrons, heavy ions, and muons
- 25 Downloads
Exposures of test samples of nuclear track emulsion were analyzed. Angular and energy correlations of products originating from the thermal-neutron-induced reaction n th +10 B → 7 Li + (γ)+ α were studied in nuclear track emulsions enriched in boron. Nuclear track emulsions were also irradiated with 86Kr+17 and 124Xe+26 ions of energy about 1.2 MeV per nucleon. Measurements of ranges of heavy ions in nuclear track emulsionsmade it possible to determine their energies on the basis of the SRIM model. The formation of high-multiplicity nuclear stars was observed upon irradiating nuclear track emulsions with ultrarelativistic muons. Kinematical features studied in this exposure of nuclear track emulsions for events of the muon-induced splitting of carbon nuclei to three alpha particles are indicative of the nucleardiffraction interaction mechanism.
KeywordsAtomic Nucleus Thermal Neutron Alpha Particle Lithium Borate Emulsion Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.N. K. Kornegrutsa et al., Yad. Fiz. 76 (Suppl.), 84 (2013).Google Scholar
- 6.R. R. Kattabekov et al., Yad. Fiz. 76 (Suppl.), 88 (2013).Google Scholar
- 7.CERN Courier 54 (1), 42 (2014). http://www.spacescience.ro/wnte2013/Google Scholar
- 8.The BECQUEREL Project. http://becquerel.jinr.ru/Google Scholar
- 9.Slavich Company JSC. www.slavich.ru, www.newslavich.comGoogle Scholar
- 10.J. F. Ziegler, J. P. Biersack, and M. D. Ziegler, SRIM—The Stopping and Range of Ions in Matter (2008); http://srim.org/Google Scholar