Measurement of the yields of positively charged particles at an angle of 35° in proton interactions with nuclear targets at an energy of 50 GeV
- 43 Downloads
Momentum spectra of cumulative particles in the region of high transverse momenta (P T ) in pA → h + + X reactions were obtained for the first time. The experiment in which this was done was performed at the SPIN setup (Institute for High Energy Physics, Protvino) in a beam of 50-GeV protons interacting with C, Al, Cu, and W nuclei. Positively charged particles were detected at a laboratory angle of 35° and in the transverse-momentum range between 0.6 and 3.7 GeV/c. A strong dependence of the particle-production cross section on the atomic number was observed. A comparison with the results of calculations based on the HIJING and UrQMD models was performed in the subcumulative region.
KeywordsTransverse Momentum Atomic Nucleus High Transverse Momentum Proton Interaction Copper Tungsten
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.NICA Project, http://nica.jinr.ru
- 3.FAIR Project, http://www.fair-center.com
- 5.A. V. Efremov, Sov. J. Part. Nucl. 13, 254 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Efremov, V. T. Kim, and G. I. Lykasov, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 44, 151 (1986).Google Scholar
- 13.L. M. Barkov et al., Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 37, 732 (1983); Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 35, 694 (1982).Google Scholar
- 14.A. A. Sibirtsev et al., Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 53, 121 (1991).Google Scholar
- 15.C. Pajares and Yu. M. Shabelski, Relativistic Nuclear Interactions (Editorial URSS, Moscow, 2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar