Features of the 9Be → 2He fragmentation in an emulsion for an energy of 1.2 GeV per nucleon
The results of investigation of the fragmentation of relativistic nuclei 9Be in an emulsion, which is accompanied by the formation of two 1.2-A-GeV He fragments, are presented. The angular measurements of the 9Be → 2He events are analyzed. The 9Be → 8Be + n fragmentation channel with the decay of 8Be from the ground (0+) and first excited (2+) states into a pair of α particles appears to be dominant.
PACS numbers21.45.+v 23.60.+e 25.10.+s
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.The BECQUEREL Project, http://becquerel.jinr.ru/
- 3.V. V. Belaga et al., Yad. Fiz. 59, 869 (1996) [Phys. At. Nucl. 59, 832 (1996)].Google Scholar
- 4.F. A. Avetyan et al., Yad. Fiz. 59, 110 (1996) [Phys. At. Nucl. 59, 102 (1996)].Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Belaga et al., Yad. Fiz. 58, 2014 (1995) [Phys. At. Nucl. 58, 1905 (1995)].Google Scholar
- 6.B. R. Fulton et al., Phys. Rev. C 70, 047602 (2004).Google Scholar