Scintillating double-beta-decay bolometers
- 113 Downloads
We present the results obtained in the development of scintillating double-beta-decay bolometers. Several Mo and Cd based crystals were tested with the bolometric technique. The scintillation light was measured through a second independent bolometer. A 140-g CdWO4 crystal was run in a 417-h live time measurement. Thanks to the scintillation light, the α background is easily discriminated, resulting in zero counts above the 2615-keV γ line of 208Tl. These results, combined with an extreme easy light detector operation, represent the first tangible proof demonstrating the feasibility of this kind of technique.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. J. Freedman and B. Kayser (Co-Chairs of the Organizing Committee), physics/0411216.Google Scholar
- 4.C. Arnaboldi et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 142501 (2005); hep-ex/0501034.Google Scholar
- 15.F. A. Danevich et al., Phys. Rev. C 68, 035501 (2003).Google Scholar
- 16.F. A. Danevich et al., nucl-ex/0412021.Google Scholar
- 17.J. Åström et al., physics/0504151.Google Scholar