Multiconfiguration Hartree-Fock method: Direct diagonalization for the construction of a multielectron basis
- 59 Downloads
A method based on the direct diagonalization of basis states in the framework of the multiconfiguration Hartree-Fock procedure has been proposed for constructing the multielectron basis. With the use of the technique of ladder operators of the orbital angular momentum and spin, this method has been generalized to the case of arbitrary electron configurations. It has been shown that such an approach can be easily implemented on a computer and has low requirements for computational resources in the case of d and f-electrons. The calculations of the multielectron basis states have been exemplified for several electron configurations and various sets of quantum numbers.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Froese Fisher, T. Brage, and P. Jönsson, Computational Atomic Structure: An MCHF Approach (Institute of Physics, Bristol and Philadelphia, 2003).Google Scholar
- 2.E. U. Condon and G. H. Shortley, The Theory of Atomic Spectra (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1935; Inostrannaya Literatura, Moscow, 1949).Google Scholar
- 4.I. Lindgren and J. Morrison, Atomic Many-Body Theory (Springer, Berlin, 1982).Google Scholar
- 5.D. A. Varshalovich, A. N. Moskalev, and V. K. Khersonskii, Quantum Theory of Angular Momentum (Nauka, Leningrad, 1975; World Scientific, Singapore, 1988).Google Scholar
- 6.I. I. Sobelman, Introduction to the Theory of Atomic Spectra (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 1963; Pergamon, Oxford, 1972).Google Scholar
- 14.H. A. Bethe, Intermediate Quantum Mechanics (W. A. Benjamin, New York, 1964; Mir, Moscow, 1965).Google Scholar
- 15.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 3: Quantum Mechanics: Non-Relativistic Theory (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2001; Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, 2002).Google Scholar
- 17.http://td.lpi.ru, pages “People,” M. S. Litsarev.