Studying the electronic structure of Cr x Ti1−xSe2 by X-ray resonance and absorption spectroscopy
- 139 Downloads
Cr x Ti1 − xSe2 (x = 0–0.83) solid solutions have been synthesized. Single crystals have been grown in the range of concentrations x = 0–0.83. Structural studies of samples have revealed that chromium atoms substitute titanium in the TiSe2 matrix. The X-ray photoelectron spectra of the core levels, the resonance spectra of the valence bands in 1T-Cr x Ti1 − xSe2, and the X-ray absorption spectra of titanium and chromium are studied. The titanium and chromium atoms are shown to have oxidation numbers of +4 and +3, respectively, in an identical octahedral environment. The local density of chromium states has been calculated. The results of the calculation agree well with the experimental data and indicate that the electronic 3d states of chromium substituting titanium in the matrix are spin-polarized and the density of chromium states is halfmetal magnet in behavior.
KeywordsTitanium Atom Chromium Atom CrSe Chromium State Slater Integral
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.A. N. Titov, A. I. Merentsov, and V. N. Neverov, Fiz. Tverd. Tela (St. Petersburg) 48(8), 1390 (2006) [Phys. Solid State 48 (8), 1477 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 8.A. N. Titov, Yu. M. Yarmoshenko, A. Zimina, M. V. Yablonskikh, A. V. Postnikov, and S. Eisebitt, Fiz. Tverd. Tela (St. Petersburg) 50(6), 1138 (2008) [Phys. Solid State 50 (6), 1186 (2008)].Google Scholar
- 9.F. M. F. de Groot, CTM4XAS Charge Transfer Multiplet Course: The Simulation of the Transition Metal 2p and 3p XAS, XPS, and XMCD Spectra, http://www.anorg.chem.uu.nl/people/staff/Frankde-Groot/.
- 12.C.-O. Almbladh and L. Hedin, in Handbook on Synchrotron Radiation, Ed. by E. E. Koch (North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1983), Vol. 1, p. 635.Google Scholar
- 19.P. Blaha, K. Schwarz, G. K. H. Madsen, D. Kvasnicka, and J. Luitz, WIEN2k: An Augmented Plane Wave Plus Local Orbitals Program for Calculating Crystal Properties (Karlheinz Schwarz Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, Austria, 2001).Google Scholar