Diffusion transport of negative ions through the interface between cryogenic liquids
- 35 Downloads
A theory of electron bubble transport through the interface between cryogenic liquids is developed based on a new approach to calculating the potential of interaction of a bubble with the interface. The theory is in good agreement with experiments on the electric-field dependence of the potential barrier near the interface between liquid 4He, 3He, and vacuum, as well as at the interface between 3He and 4He saturated solutions. It is found that the interaction potential dependence on the distance between the electron bubble and the interface is isotopically invariant to three versions of such an interface. The dependence of the lifetime of negative ions in 4He and 3He on the temperature and electric field has been determined using the Kramers theory.
KeywordsSaturated Solution Helium Atom Diffusion Transport Bubble Radius Dependence Versus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.A. M. Dyugaev, P. D. Grigor’ev, and E. V. Lebedeva, Pis’ma Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 89(3), 165 (2009) [JETP Lett. 89 (3), 145 (2009)].Google Scholar
- 7.F. Ancilotto and F. Toigo, Phys. Rev. B: Condens. Matter 50, 12 820 (1994).Google Scholar
- 8.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 3: Quantum Mechanics: Non-Relativistic Theory (Nauka, Moscow, 1989; Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, 1991).Google Scholar
- 9.B. N. Esel’son, V. N. Grigor’ev, V. G. Ivantsov, E. Ya. Rudavskii, D. G. Sanikidze, and I. A. Serbin, Solutions of 3 He- 4 He Quantum Liquids (Nauka, Moscow, 1973) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.V. B. Shikin and Yu. P. Monarkha, Two-Dimensional Charged Systems in Helium (Nauka, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.A. A. Levchenko and L. P. Mezhov-Deglin, Pis’ma Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 60(6), 452 (1994) [JETP Lett. 60 (6), 470 (1994)].Google Scholar