Coulomb correlation effects in LaFeAsO: An LDA + DMFT(QMC) study
- 112 Downloads
Effects of Coulomb correlation on the LaFeAsO electronic structure are investigated by the LDA + DMFT(QMC) method (combination of the local density approximation with the dynamic mean-field theory; impurity solver is a quantum Monte Carlo algorithm). The calculation results show that LaFeAsO is in the regime of intermediate correlation strength with a significant part of the spectral density moved from the Fermi energy to the Hubbard bands and far from the edge of the metal-insulator transition. Correlations affect iron d-orbitals differently. The t 2g states (xz, yz and x 2 − y 2 orbitals) have a higher energy due to crystal field splitting and are nearly half-filled. Their spectral functions have a pseudogap with the Fermi level position on the higher subband slope. The lower energy e g set (xy and 3z 2 − r 2 orbitals) have occupancies significantly larger than 1/2 with typically metallic spectral functions.
PACS numbers74.25.Jb 71.27.+a 71.30.+h
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. Boeri, O. V. Dolgov, and A. A. Golubov, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 026403 (2008).Google Scholar
- 3.K. Haule, J. H. Shim, and G. Kotliar, Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 226402 (2008).Google Scholar
- 5.D. J. Singh and M.-H. Du, Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 237003 (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.N. Marzari and D. Vanderbilt, Phys. Rev. B: Condens. Matter 56, 12 847 (1997).Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Anisimov, D. E. Kondakov, A. V. Kozhevnikov, I. A. Nekrasov, Z. V. Pchelkina, J. W. Allen, S.-K. Mo, H.-D. Kim, P. Metcalf, S. Suga, A. Sekiyama, G. Keller, I. Leonov, X. Ren, and D. Vollhardt, Phys. Rev. B: Condens. Matter 71, 125 119 (2005).Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Anisimov, A. I. Poteryaev, M. A. Korotin, A. O. Anokhin, and G. Kotliar, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 9, 7359 (1997); A. I. Lichtenstein and M. I. Katsnelson, Phys. Rev. B: Condens. Matter 57, 6884 (1998); K. Held, I. A. Nekrasov, G. Keller, V. Eyert, N. Blümer, A. K. McMahan, R. T. Scalettar, Th. Pruschke, V. I. Anisimov, and D. Vollhardt, Phys. Status Solidi B 243, 2599 (2006).CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- 11.J. E. Han, M. Jarrell, and D. L. Cox, Phys. Rev. B: Condens. Matter 58, R4199 (1998).Google Scholar
- 12.K. Haule and G. Kotliar, arXiv:0805.0722.Google Scholar