Static photoelasticity of gallium phosphide crystals
- First Online:
The piezo-optic effect (POE) in cubic GaP crystals (symmetry class \(\bar 4\)3m) is studied in detail by interferometry. The relations for determining the absolute piezo-optic coefficients (POCs) πim or their combinations on a sample of X/45° cut at all allowable geometries of the experiment are recorded. The determination of a specific coefficient πim at different experimental geometries on samples of right cuts and a X/45° cut made it possible to find the πim values with a high accuracy and reliability.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Acoustic Crystals: A Handbook, Ed. by M. P. Shaskol’skaya (Nauka, Moscow, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. I. Sirotin and M. P. Shaskol’skaya, Fundamentals of Crystal Physics (Nauka, Moscow, 1979) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.B. G. Mytsyk, A. S. Andrushchak, and G. I. Gas’kevich, Ukr. Fiz. Zh. 52, 800 (2007).Google Scholar
- 9.M. N. Trainer, US Patent No. 4648274 (1987).Google Scholar
- 11.A. S. Andrushchak, B. G. Mytsyk, and B. V. Osyka, USSR Inventor’s Certificate No. 1796936, Byull. Izobret., 1993, No. 7.Google Scholar
- 12.Yu. N. Klikushin, USSR Inventor’s Certificate No. 1000795, Byull. Izobret., 1983, No. 8.Google Scholar