Complementarity of real-time neutron and synchrotron radiation structural investigations in molecular biology
- 38 Downloads
General problems of the complementarity of different physical methods and specific features of the interaction between neutron and matter and neutron diffraction with respect to the time of flight are discussed. The results of studying the kinetics of structural changes in lipid membranes under hydration and self-assembly of the lipid bilayer in the presence of a detergent are reported. The possibilities of the complementarity of neutron diffraction and X-ray synchrotron radiation and developing a free-electron laser are noted.
KeywordsNeutron Diffraction DPPC Crystallography Report Small Angle Neutron Scattering Pulse Neutron Source
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. N. Serdyuk, N. R. Zaccai, and J. Zaccai, Methods in Molecular Biophysics. Structure, Dynamics, Function (Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 2007), p. 1120.Google Scholar
- 2.V. L. Aksenov and A. M. Balagurov, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 166(9), 955 [Phys. Usp. 39 (9), 897 (1996)].Google Scholar
- 3.P. A. Egelstaff, in Proc. Symposium on Neutron TOF Method, Saclay, France, 1961, p. 70.Google Scholar
- 4.B. Buras et. al., in Proc. Third Intern. Conf. on the Peaceful Uses of Atomic Energy, Geneva, 1964 (United Nations, New York, 1965), Vol. VII, p. 447.Google Scholar
- 5.I. M. Frank, Nature (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.G. M. Mironova, JINR Reports no. P13-88-326 (Dubna, 1988).Google Scholar
- 9.A. M. Balagurov, V. I. Gordelsh, and L. S. Yaguzhinskiĭ, Biofizika 31, 1004 (1986).Google Scholar
- 10.N. Yu. Ryabova, M. A. Kiselev, A. I. Beskrovnyĭ, and A. M. Balagurov, Fiz. Tverd. Tela (2009).Google Scholar
- 12.B. P. Schoenborn, Biochim. Biophys. Acta 457, 41 (1976).Google Scholar