Peculiarities of the growth of PbWO4:Nd3+ and PbMoO4:Nd3+ single crystals
- 42 Downloads
The dependence of the Nd segregation coefficient on Nd concentration in PbWO4 and PbMoO4 melts and on the method of its introduction is analyzed. In a study of the PbMoO4-Nd2(MoO4)3 pseudobinary system, the existence of the PbNd4(MoO4)7 compound is established for the first time. Its structure is identified, the melting temperature and character are determined, and a single crystal is grown. The dependences of the damage threshold and anomalous biaxiality angle of PbWO4:Nd3+ and PbMoO4:Nd3+ crystals on the concentration of the activator and the method of its introduction are investigated.
PACS numbers61.66.Fn 81.10.-h 42.70.Hj
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. T. Basiev and V. V. Osiko, Usp. Khim. 75(10), 939 (2006).Google Scholar
- 2.N. M. Melankholin, Methods for Study of Optical Properties of Crystals (Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow, 1970) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.N. F. Fedorov, T. A. Tunik, S. N. Razumovskiĭ, et al., Zh. Neorg. Khim. 21(6), 1588 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.V. P. Barzakovskiĭ, V. V. Lapin, A. I. Boĭkova, and N. N. Kurtseva, Phase Diagrams of Silicate Systems (Nauka, Leningrad, 1974) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.G. B. Bokiĭ and V. B. Kravchenko, Spectroscopy of Crystals (Nauka, Leningrad, 1973), p. 7 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Kirkinskiĭ and A. A. Yaroshevskiĭ, Zap. Vses. Mineral. O-va 96, 532 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Posypaĭko, E. A. Alekseeva, N. A. Vasina, et al., Liquid-Solid Phase Diagrams (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1977), Part 1 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.A. A. Manenkov and A. M. Prokhorov, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 148(4), 179 (1986).Google Scholar
- 10.D. V. Vlasov, L. B. Glebov, O. M. Efimov, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz. 45(6), 924 (1981).Google Scholar