Development of methods for constructing models for intra-year irregularity in the Earth’s rotation
- 24 Downloads
The development of methods for the construction of stochastic, dynamical models for intra-year irregularity of the Earth’s rotation is considered. A correlational model based on harmonically additive and parametrically random, colored and broadband, gravitational-tidal perturbations from the Sun and Moon is developed. One-dimensional and multi-dimensional characteristic functions are found for the case of Gaussian and non-Gaussian colored and broadband fluctuations in the irregularity of the Earth’s rotation. Examples of computer modeling of the irregularity in the Earth’s rotation based on a priori and a posteriori IERS data are presented.
KeywordsTorque Astronomy Report International Earth Rotation Service Tidal Torque International Earth Rotation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.IERS Annual Report 2000, Ed. by W. Dick and B. Richter, International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service, Central Bureau (BKG, Frankfurt amMein, 2001).Google Scholar
- 3.IERS Annual Report 2002, Ed. by W. Dick and B. Richter, International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service, Central Bureau (BKG, Frankfurt amMein, 2003).Google Scholar
- 4.The NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis Project at the NOAA/ESRL Physical Sciences Division http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/data/reanalysis/reanalysis.shtml.
- 5.V. S. Pugachev and I. N. Sinitsyn, Stochastic Systems: Theory and Applications (Logos, Moscow, 2004;World Sci., 2002).Google Scholar
- 6.I. N. Sinitsyn, Kalman and Pugachev Filters (Logos, Moscow, 2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.C. Audoin and B. Guinot, TheMeasurement of Time (Cambridge Univ., Cambridge, 2001; Tekhnosfera, Moscow, 2002).Google Scholar
- 10.I. N. Sinitsyn, Inform. Primen. 2(1), 35 (2008).Google Scholar
- 12.I. N. Sinitsyn, Inform. Primen. 3(4), 2 (2009).Google Scholar