A study of the X-ray pulsars X1845-024 and XTE J1858+034 based on INTEGRAL observations
- 77 Downloads
We present an analysis of observations of the relatively unstudied X-ray pulsars X1845-024 and XTE J1858+034 carried out from May 2003 through November 2004 using the JEM-X and IBIS telescopes of the INTEGRAL international gamma-ray observatory at energies of 5-70 keV. The X-ray spectra and light curves of the pulsars are constructed. During the observation period, outbursts at 18-70 keV at levels of 13 mCrab and 111 mCrab were detected for X1845-024 and XTE J1858+034, respectively. We refined the rotational period of the neutron star in XTE J1858+034 (220.4 s), measured its acceleration during the outburst, and derived a probable value of the orbital period (≃380 d).
PACS numbers97.60.Gb 95.85.Nv
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.F. Makino, IAU Circ., No. 4661 (1988).Google Scholar
- 10.M. Finger, K. Ghosh, D. M. Scott, et al., in X-ray Binaries in the Chandra and XMM-Newton Era (Chandra X-Ray Center, 2002).Google Scholar
- 11.R. Remillard and A. Levine, IAU Circ., No. 6826 (1998).Google Scholar
- 13.F. E. Marshall, D. Chakrabarty, and M. H. Finger, IAU Circ., №. 6828 (1998).Google Scholar
- 15.S. V. Molkov, A. M. Cherepashchuk, M. G. Revnivtsev, et al., Astron. Telegr., No. 274 (2004).Google Scholar
- 16.P. Reig, T. Kougentakis, and G. Papamastoranis, Astron. Telegr., No. 308 (2004).Google Scholar
- 18.J. Frank, A. R. King, and D. J. Raine, in Accretion Power in Astrophysics, 2nd ed. (Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1992).Google Scholar
- 20.V.M. Lipunov, Astrophysics ofNeutron Stars (Nauka, Moscow, 1987) [in Russian].Google Scholar