Experimental Testing of High-Accuracy Underwater Range-Finding Technology
- 5 Downloads
The aim of the study whose results are discussed in this paper was to conduct experimental and numerical research on improving a high-accuracy method, developed by the authors, of positioning underwater objects. For this, experimental testing of an improved range-finding technology was carried out, based on the inclusion into the measuring scheme of a block that can measure and monitor the sound velocity on the shelf area of a track connecting a source of navigation signals and an a receiver system imitator consisting of autonomous underwater apparatus. In addition, under natural conditions, we implemented a scenario in which range-finding data was provided to an autonomous underwater apparatus carrying out a mission in the water area at a distance of 300 km from the source of navigation signals using technical tools for controlling variability of the sound velocity on the shelf. A specific example was used to test the acoustic range-finding technology on a track with complex hydrological and bathymetric conditions, and an estimate was obtained for the accuracy of measuring distances during a 4 h drift of the autonomous underwater apparatus imitator.
Keywordshydroacoustics sound propagation pseudorandom signals underwater navigation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. V. Matvienko, L. V. Kiselev, A. V. Inzartsev, and O. Yu. L’vov, Podvodnye Issled. Robototekh., No. 2 (22), 4 (2016).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. N. Morgunov, A. A. Tagil’tsev, V. V. Bezotvetnykh, A. V. Burenin, and A. A. Golov, RF Patent No. 2469346, Byull. Izobret., No. 34 (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. N. Morgunov, V. V. Bezotvetnykh, A. E. Borodin, A. V. Burenin, and E. A. Voitenko, Fundam. Prikl. Gidrofiz. 9 (3), 80 (2016).Google Scholar
- 5.J. B. Bowlin, J. L. Spiesberger, T. F. Duda, and L. E. Freitag, Ocean Acoustical Ray-Tracing Software RAY, Woods Hole Oceanographic Technical Report WHOI-93-10 (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA, 1993).Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Burenin, V. V. Bezotvetnykh, and Yu. N. Morgunov, in Proc. Int. Scientific Conference “Modern Technologies and Polytechnic Education Development” September 19–23, 2016, Vladivostok (Far Eastern Federal Univ., Vladivostok, 2016), pp. 655–659 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. N. Morgunov, V. V. Bezotvetnykh, A. V. Burenin, and A. A. Golov, Akust. Zh. 63 (6), 646 (2017).Google Scholar