The incubation time criterion and the acoustic strength of sea water
- 28 Downloads
The approach based on the incubation time concept is used to analyze experimental data on acoustic cavitation in degassed water and in sea water. Earlier, a similar approach proved to be effective in analyzing the cavitation due to pulse loading and in studying the dynamic strength of solids. The proposed criterion takes into account the existence of the static cavitation threshold for low-frequency loading and makes it possible to explain the growth of the cavitation threshold for high-frequency loading, as well as the appreciable spread in experimental data.
PACS numbers43.35.Ei 62.60.+v
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Akulichev and V. I. Il’ichev, in Problems of Mechanics of a Continuous Medium: Collection of Scientific Works (IAPU DVO RAN, Vladivostok, 1996) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Akulichev, V. A. Bulanov, and S. A. Klenin, Akust. Zh. 32, 289 (1986) [Sov. Phys. Acoust. 32, 177 (1986)].Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Akulichev and V. I. Il’ichev, Akust. Zh. 9, 158 (1963) [Sov. Phys. Acoust. 9, 128 (1963)].Google Scholar
- 4.G. Flinn, in Physical Acoustics: Principles and Methods, Ed. by W. P. Mason (Academic, New York, 1965; Mir, Moscow, 1968), Vol. 1, Part B.Google Scholar
- 5.A. S. Besov, V. K. Kedrinskiĭ, N. F. Morozov, et al., Dokl. Akad. Nauk 378(3), 1 (2001) [Dokl. Phys. 46, 363 (2001)].Google Scholar
- 6.R. J. Urick, Principles of Underwater Sound (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1975; Sudostroenie, Leningrad, 1978).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. V. Petrov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk 395(5), 1 (2004) [Dokl. Phys. 49, 246 (2004)].Google Scholar