Charge Transport in Layer Gallium Monosulfide in Direct and Alternate Electric Fields
- 4 Downloads
It was established that the variable-range-hopping mechanism of dc-conductivity takes place in the GaS single crystal at low temperatures. The parameters of localized states in the forbidden gap of studieGaS samples have been evaluated. Dielectric properties (loss tangent, real (ε') and imaginary (ε'') parts of complex dielectric permittivity and ac-conductivity across the layers of the GaS layered single crystals have been studied in the frequency range f = 5 × 104 to 3.5 × 107 Hz. The results demonstrate that the dielectric dispersion in the GaS single crystal has a relaxation nature. Over the studied frequency range, the ac-conductivity of the GaS crystal varies as f0.8, characteristic of hopping conduction through localized states near the Fermi level. The Fermi-level density of states, the spread of their energies, and the mean hop distance and time have been estimated.
Keywords:GaS single crystal charge transport density of localized states frequency dispersion dielectric permittivity loss tangent
This study was supported by the Science Development Foundation of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, grants EİF-BGM-3-BRFTF-2+/2017-15/05/1-M-13, EİF-BGM-4-RFTF-1/2017-21/05/1-M-07, RFFR (project 18-57-06001 Аz_а 2018), and SOCAR (project no. 12 LR-AMEA).
- 1.Lukichev, V.F. and Amirov, I.I., Research and development in the field of micro-and nanosystems, Istor. Nauki Tekh., 2018, no. 8, pp. 92–99.Google Scholar
- 3.Mustafaeva, S.N. and Asadov, M.M., Isothermal relaxation currents in gallium monosulfide crystals doped with ytterbium, Neorg. Mater., 1989, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 212–215.Google Scholar
- 11.Mustafaeva, S.N. and Asadov, M.M., Complex dielectric permittivity and Ac-conductivity of GaSe single crystals grown from the gas phase, Zh. Radioelektron., 2011, no. 8, pp. 1–9.Google Scholar
- 13.Asadov, S.M., Mustafayeva, S.N., and Lukichev, V.F., Transport phenomena and dielectric properties of low-dimensional solid solutions, in Tr. III mezhdistsiplinarnogo molodezhnogo foruma s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem “Novye Materialy” (Proceedings of the 3rd Interdisciplinary Scientific Forum with International Participation on New Materials, Moscow, Nov. 21–24, 2017), Moscow: BukiVedi, 2017, pp. 244–246.Google Scholar
- 16.Mott, N. and Davis, E., Electronic Processes in Non-Crystalline Materials, 2nd ed., Oxford, New York: Clarendon, Oxford Univ. Press, 1979.Google Scholar