Influence of External Microwave Fields on the Characteristics of a Square-Pulse RC-Generator
- 3 Downloads
The influence of continuous microwave fields with the average power level on the characteristics of a square-pulse RC-generator with a multichannel buffer decoupling network and matching circuit is investigated. The RC-generator is made on inverters of the 74HC14 series with a built-in Schmitt trigger. It is shown that increasing the power of the acting electromagnetic radiation reduces the pulse duration and, hence, increases the frequency of the output signal of the RC-generator. Moreover, the sensitivity of the output signal of the RC-generator to the impact of the microwave signal decreases with an increase in either the supply voltage or the microwave signal power. It is stated that the output characteristics of digital radio-electronic systems are the most sensitive to the impact of a microwave signal when using the semiconductor integrated microcircuits as the active elements and when choosing the operation modes of microcircuits by DC voltage, which greatly differs from the rated voltage.
Keywords:RC-generator semiconductor integrated microcircuits exposure of microwave radiation
This work was financially supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia (state job nos. 1376 and 1575).
- 1.Usanov, D.A. and Skripal’, A.V., Fizika raboty poluprovodnikovykh priborov v skhemakh SVCh (The Physics of Semiconductor Devices Operation in Microwave Circuits), Saratov: Saratov. Univ., 1999.Google Scholar
- 5.Usanov, D.A., Skripal’, A.V., Abramov, A.V., and Kletsov, A.A., Nonlinearity of the frequency characteristics of a field effect transistor with a Schottky barrier in the large signal mode, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Elektron., 2003, no. 5, pp. 50–56.Google Scholar
- 6.Voskresenskii, D.I., Ovchinnikova, E.V., and Shmachilin, P.A., Bortovye tsifrovye antennye reshetki i ikh elementy (The Digital Mobile Antenna Arrays and its Elements), Moscow: Radiotekhnika, 2013.Google Scholar
- 7.Il’chuk, A.R., Krishtopov, A.V., Romanenkov, A.A., and Tatarskii, B.G., Perspectives for the development of radar systems for air traffic control, Radiotekhnika, 2013, no. 1, pp. 42–48.Google Scholar
- 8.Akbashev, B.B., Eryashev, D.I., and Kornev, A.N., The mechanism of destructive exposure of the ultrawide-broadband pulsive EME on radio-electronic systems, Tekhnol. EMS, 2011, no. 2 (37), pp. 19–23.Google Scholar
- 9.MM74HC14 Hex Inverting Schmitt Trigger. 2008. www.fairchildsemi.com/datasheets/MM/MM74HC14. pdf. Accessed June 2, 2016.Google Scholar