A Method for the Development of Indicators of a Transient Period Based on Short-Pulse Shapers in Asynchronous Adders
- 4 Downloads
The interest prevalent in the self-timed (ST) circuitry is related to the use of super-large integrated circuits. Circuits that enable increasing the degree of integration and power efficiency in combination with comparable performance are topical. A circuit of an asynchronous adder with a spacer two-rail code and an indicator of the transient process period based on CMOS transistors is proposed. A method of the circuitry configuration of the transient period indicator based on forming short pulses that correspond to the presence of a transient process is presented. A comparative analysis of the indicator’s performance demonstrates that the proposed method ensures a significant reduction in the number of components and power consumption. The efficiency of the proposed circuits is validated by simulation using the OrCAD PSpice circuit simulation software tool.
Keywords:asynchronous circuit, self-timed circuit, circuitry adder, microelectronic devices
The work was supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation in the Russia Federal Target Program, project no. 14.587.21.0025, unique identification no. RFMEFI58716X0025, using the equipment of the Common Use Center, the Nanotekhnologii Research and Educational Center, and the “Components and Instrumentation of the Inertial Navigation Systems and Robotics” student design department of the Institute for Nanotechnology, Electronics, and Electronic Equipment of the Southern Federal University in Taganrog.
- 1.Kovalev, A.V. and Bushin, S.A., The energy models of asynchronous functional blocks in CMOS VLSI, Izv. Yuzh. Univ., Tekh. Nauki, 2009, no. 12, pp. 198–203.Google Scholar
- 3.Plekhanov, L.P., Osnovy samosinkhronnykh elektronnykh skhem (Basics of Self-Timed Electronic Circuits), Moscow: BINOM. Laboratoriya znanii, 2013.Google Scholar
- 4.Muller, D.E. and Bartky, W.S., A theory of asynchronous circuits, in Proceedings of the International Symposium of the Theory of Swithing. Part 1, Harvard: Harvard Univ. Press, 1959, pp. 204–243.Google Scholar
- 6.Starykh, A.A., The method for the synthesis of functional blocks of combinational circuits with the use minterms and maxterms, Elektron. Tekh., Ser. 2: Poluprovodn. Prib., 2015, nos. 2–3 (236–237), pp. 63–69.Google Scholar
- 7.Rutkevich, A., Bumagin, A., Gondar’, A., et al., Self-timed circuits. The principles and element base, Kompon. Tekhnol., 2009, no. 99, pp. 103-106.Google Scholar
- 8.Starykh, A.A. and Kovalev, A.V., The development optimization of asynchronous adders, Elektron. Tekh., Ser. 2: Poluprovodn. Prib., 2014, no. 3 (234), pp. 51–55.Google Scholar