Design Automation Technique of Silicon Bandgap Voltage Reference
- 3 Downloads
A formalized technique for the automated design of bandgap voltage reference (BVR) is proposed. The distinctive feature of the technique is the automation of the synthesis of the circuit engineering conceptions by the given parameters of the source, which considerably reduces the design time. Based on the developed technique by the 180-nm SOI technology, the circuit of the voltage reference source was designed. The obtained schematic solution has the following desired characteristics: the power supply suppression ratio at the frequencies of 1 kHz in the worst case is –60 dB and at the frequencies of 1 MHz is –44 dB, the maximum consumption current is 25 μA, the temperature coefficient is 24 ppm/°C in the temperature range from –70 to 150°C, and the ratio of changing the output voltage to changing the supply voltage is 354 μV/V in the range of supply voltage from 2.4 to 7 V.
Keywords:bandgap voltage reference power supply rejection ratio temperature coefficient
This work was financially supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (contract no. 16-29-09588/16).
- 1.Ryabchenkov, S.S., Design method of precision reference voltage source, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Elektron., 2004, no. 3, pp. 36–40.Google Scholar
- 2.Liu, Bo, Gielen, G., and Fernández, F.V., Automated Design of Analog and High-Frequency Circuits: A Computational Intelligence Approach, Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer, 2014.Google Scholar
- 3.Makarov, A.B. and Kochkin, I.P., Technological migration of reference voltage sources based on the band gap of silicon, in Tr. Konf. Problemy razrabotki perspektivnykh mikro- i nanoelektronnykh sistem–2010 (Proceedings of the Conference on Problems of Perspective Micro- and Nanoelectronic System Design), Stempkovskii, A.L., Ed., Moscow: IPPM RAN, 2010, pp. 547–552.Google Scholar
- 4.Hafiz, Sh.d.A., Shafiullah, Md., and Chowdhury, Sh.A., Design of a simple CMOS bandgap reference, Int. J. Electr. Comput. Sci., 2010, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 6–9.Google Scholar
- 5.Rincon-Mora, A., Voltage References from Diodes to Precision High-Ordered Bandgap Circuits, New York: IEEE, 2002.Google Scholar
- 6.Enns, V.I. and Kobzev, Yu.M., Proektirovanie analogovykh KMOP-mikroskhem. Kratkii spravochnik razrabotchika (Analog CMOS IC Design, Concise Handbook), Moscow: Telekom, 2005.Google Scholar