Parameters of Plasma and Kinetics of Active Particles in CF4 (CHF3) + Ar Mixtures of a Variable Initial Composition
- 4 Downloads
The electrophysical parameters of plasma and the kinetics of active particles in CF4 + Ar and CHF3 + Ar mixtures under induction RF (13.56 MHz) discharge are compared. It is shown that the CHF3 + Ar system containing 0–75% Ar is intrinsic for systematically lower concentrations and flow densities of fluorine atoms, while they are higher in the case of fluorocarbon radicals and positive ions. The set of formal parameters in the form of flux density ratios is suggested in order to describe the formation and destruction of a fluorocarbon polymer film. It is confirmed that the advantage of the CHF3 + Ar system according to the etching selectivity of SiO2/Si is caused by its higher polymerization ability.
The work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project no. 18-37-00064 mol_а).
- 1.Wolf, S. and Tauber, R.N., Silicon Processing for the VLSI Era, Vol. 1: Process Technology, New York: Lattice, 2000.Google Scholar
- 2.Handbook of Plasma Processing Technology, Rossnagel, S.M., Cuomo, J.J., and Westwood, W.D., Eds., Park Ridge: Noyes, 1990.Google Scholar
- 8.Lieberman, M.A. and Lichtenberg, A.J., Principles of Plasma Discharges and Materials Processing, New York: Wiley, 1994.Google Scholar
- 10.Gaboriau, F., Cartry, G., Peignon, M.-C., and Cardinaud, Ch., Selective and deep plasma etching of SiO2: comparison between different fluorocarbon gases (CF4, C2F6, CHF3) mixed with CH4 or H2 and influence of the residence time, J. Vac. Sci. Technol., B, 2002, vol. 20, pp. 1514–1521.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Proshina, O., Rakhimova, T.V., Zotovich, A., Lopaev, D.V., Zyryanov, S.M., and Rakhimov, A.T., Multifold study of volume plasma chemistry in Ar/CF4 and Ar/CHF3 CCP discharges, Plasma Sources Sci. Technol., 2017, in press. https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6595/aa72c9.Google Scholar
- 17.Sugavara, M., Plasma Etching: Fundamentals and Applications, New York: Oxford Univ. Press, 1998.Google Scholar
- 21.NIST Chemical Kinetics Database. https://kinetics. nist.gov/kinetics/welcome.jsp.Google Scholar
- 24.Kay, E., Coburn, J., and Dilks, A., Plasma chemistry of fluorocarbons as related to plasma etching and plasma polymerization, in Plasma Chemistry III. Topics in Current Chemistry, Eds. by S. Veprek and M. Venugopalan (Springer, Berlin, 1980), vol. 94, pp. 123–145.Google Scholar
- 27.Gray, D.C., Tepermeister, I. and Sawin, H.H., Phenomenological modeling of ion enhanced surface kinetics in fluorine-based plasma etching, J. Vac. Technol., B, 1993, vol. 11, pp. 1243–1257.Google Scholar