Application of the Environmentally Non-Aggressive Dissolvents to Mobilize Metals in Tailings in the Norilsk Region
- 6 Downloads
Under analysis is on-site extractability of nonferrous and noble metals from tailings by leaching with natural reagents (humus acids, water, lignin). Redistribution of nonferrous and noble metals in a percolation bed made of old tailings in the Norilsk copper–nickel ore field is studied. Kinetics of dissolving of nonferrous and noble metals under capillary ascensional percolation is investigated. It is shown that directional capillary percolation of solutions is applicable to extraction of nonferrous and noble metals under long-term mining waste storage.
KeywordsTailings aqueous solutions of metal salts nonferrous and noble metals leaching humus acids lignin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kazdym, A. A., Tekhnogennye otlozheniya i tekhnogennoe mineraloobrazovanie (Technogenic Depositions and Technogenic Minerogenesis), Moscow: VIMS, 2010.Google Scholar
- 2.Konogorov, N., Spendthrift Beneficiation, Metally Evrazii, 2001, no. 5, pp. 56–59.Google Scholar
- 3.Chernyak, A. S. and Arens, V. Zh., Actual Chemical Challenges of Physicochemical Geotechnology on Eve of the 21st Century, GIAB, 1999, no. 2, pp. 31–35.Google Scholar
- 5.Kovalenko, L. N., Blagodatin, Yu. V., Golubeva, T. D., and Lomteva, L. L., The Form of Noble Metal Mineral Occurrence in Products of Norilsk Disseminated Sulfide Ore Flotation, Obogashch. Rud, 1993, nos. 1–2, pp. 18–25.Google Scholar
- 6.Makarov, V. A., Geologo-tekhnologicheskiel osnovy revizii tekhnogennogo mineral’nogo syr’ya na zoloto (Geologo-Technological Arguments to Assess Gold Reserves in Technogenic Mineral Resources), Krasnoyarsk: POLIKOM, 2001.Google Scholar
- 7.Chanturia, V. A., Makarov, V. N., Makarov, D. V., and Vasilieva, T.N., Nickel Species in Old Tailings of Copper-Nickel Ore Processing, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 2004, vol. 399, no. 1, pp. 104–106.Google Scholar
- 8.Bortnikov, N. S., Distler, V. V., Vikent’ev, I. V., et al., Forms of Noble Metal Occurrence in Complex Ore Deposits: Study Methodology, Quantitative Characteristics, Technological Validity, Problemy mineragenii v Rossii (Mineral Genealogy in Russia), Earth Science, Moscow: GTs RAN, 2012, pp. 365–384.Google Scholar
- 9.Blagodatin, Yu. V., Nikolaev, Yu. M., and Chegodaev, V. D., Feasibility of Extra Recovery of Platinum Metals from Dump Tailings of Noril’sk Copper–Nickel Ore Processing, Tsv. Met., 1995, no.12, pp. 58–60.Google Scholar
- 10.Dodin, D. A., Izoitko, V. M., Govorova, L. K., and Kovalenko, L. N., Mineralogy of Super-Large Technogenic Platinum Metal Deposits, Transactions of Annual Meeting of Russian Mineralogical Society: Advanced Mineralogical-Chemical Study Methods as the Basis to Open New Types of Ores and Processes for Their Comprehensive Utilization, St. Petersburg, 2006, pp. 89–92.Google Scholar
- 12.Baksheeva, I. I., Investigation into Phase Composition of Weathering Products of Old Cu–Ni Ore Processing Tailings, GIAB, 2012, no. 3, pp. 391–395.Google Scholar
- 13.Mikhailov, A. G., Taraban’ko, V. E., Kharitonova, M. Yu., Vashlaev, I. I., and Sviridova, M. L., Water and Sulfide Alkali Liquor Validity in Mobility of Non-Ferrous and Noble Metals in Flotation Tailings, Chemistry, 2014, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 271–279.Google Scholar